Many smokers have already used e-cigarettes as an effective alternative to relieve nicotine cravings or quit smoking. E-cigarettes are becoming the choice of more and more users. So, how to solve the problems such as dry throat and cough during use? Today, MOTI Editor will take you to see how to solve these problems.
- Quit Smoking – If you have recently quit smoking, you may be experiencing a phenomenon called smoking cessation. This is one way to quit traditional cigarettes. Among its many side effects, it can make your throat soreunusually. However, if you are patientenough, your mouth and throat will return to normal in no time. As you get used to your new device, it's a good rule of thumb to continue vaping from mouth to lung rather than straight up.
- High PGRate– Propylene Glycol (PG) is the good stuff. It's one of the thinner bases in e-liquids, which helps provide a good throat hit. Unfortunately, high concentrations of PG have increased sensitivity, which can cause your throat to feel extra dry at first. Keep a bottle of water with you until you and your mouth get used to vaping. If you still have sore throat and phlegm problems, try changing the percentage of PG in your e-liquid or get VG e-liquid.
- Empty Pods– If you are still using an atomizer system, you may be using the cartridge for too long and "burning out" the pod. Also, using empty pods can injure the throat.
- Dry Hits – These are the worst. If you've been vaping and experienced a burning throat sting, you'll never forget what a dry burn is. While this isn't exactly like a sore throat, it does burn your throat for a few minutes.
- Freebase Nicotine– If your e-liquid has a high concentration of nicotine, this can cause a strong sore throat. Since freebase nicotine can make your throat feel more stingy, it's best to vape in small amounts throughout the day or chooses products with lower levels of nicotine in the e-juice. You can also try reducing the frequency of your e-cigarette puffs as you get used to the higher concentrations.
How to get rid of a sore throat caused by vaping?
One of the best things you can do for a vaping sore throat is to rehydrate with water, warm tea, or anything that soothes your throat. Chances are, you're having a mild reaction to your new hobby - vaping. Give it time and you'll see what adjustments you need to make to work best for you.
Check out our BLOG for more tips and tricks as you continue to learn about vaping. Remember that sometimes a sore throat can be caused by expired pods. So make sure you use MOTI's premium e-liquids and vapes to avoid sore throats and other common problems.